URA FC and Sadolin Paints played out a goalless draw in a Uganda Premier League game played this evening.

Both teams were coming from similar opening day 1-1 draws and neither could find the back of the net at Bugembe stadium.

Sadolin’s substitute Norman Oyik twice had golden opportunities to make himself the hero in the 85th minute after only being on the pitch for a matter of minutes but the striker shot his effort in the sky over the cross bar with goal keeper Brian Bwete at his mercy after the defenders were beaten.

He again in the 89th minute fluffed another open chance when he missed a sitter off skipper Allan Oryek’s cross from the right.

But URA FC had also been denied by the referee who cancelled James Kasibante’s 10th minute goal which he ruled offside despite his assistant insisting it was a goal.

URA will be back in action next Friday against in-form SC Villa away in Mityana in their third league game.

Alex Isabirye made four changes to the team that drew 1-1 with Bright Stars at Lugazi with Robert Ssentongo starting ahead of Frank Kalanda. Sam Senkoomi, who impressed on the left full back replaced Deo Othieno, who was off the squad, while James Kasibante started on the left wing instead of Allan Munaaba, who was on the bench. Augustine Nsumba was also a starter in midfield in place of Patrick Ochan.

URA dominated proceedings in the opening minutes earning a corner in the 6th minute but James Kasibante had the first attempt denied by the referee who ruled him offside.

Things changed a bit with defender Jonathan Mugabi lost possession near the box but Umar Ngobi and Andrew Basoma failed to connect well as the ball went out for a goal kick.

Bwete was forced into action by Oryet in the 35th minute with a speculative long range shot.

Ngobi wasted another great chance within added time fluffing his attempt on goal after finding himself unmarked near the box.

URA have now gone two games without a win in as many games since the season began.

Leave a Reply