Startimes Uganda Premier League

Saturday 29th April 2023

Full Time


URA FC lost their second game since returning to Mehta Sports Stadium, Lugazi 2-3 to Maroons FC in a lunch time encounter.

Head coach Sam Timbe made three changes from the previous line up as Saidi Kyeyune, Eric Senjobe returned from suspension while Bruno Bunyaga was handed his first start.

The tax collectors began on a promising note with Ibrahim Dada coming close in the first quarter an hour.

Dada’s patience was finally paid off in the 18th minute when he looped over Maroons FC goalie Nalugoda thanks to a Nicholas Kabonge fabulous assist.

The visitors came close to levelling matters minutes later through substitute Brian Kayanja but his cross from the left was beautifully cleared away by Eric Senjobe.

In the 26th minute, Dada combined well with Bunyaga but the former’s effort went over the bar.

With a minute to the half hour mark, the Prison side levelled matters through Abel Eterude from a header capitalising on an Alex Tusubira cross from the left.

Four minutes later, Tusubira put the visitors in the lead thanks to Eterude assist.

With six minutes to the end of the first half, URA FC were forced into their first change with Joseph Ssemujju coming on for James Begisa.

At the start of second half, the Tax Collectors made their second change with Alfred Leku coming on for Bunyaga.

Dada levelled matters in the 53rd minute with a beautiful ground free kick outside the box after Kyeyune was brought down by Bayiga outside the 18 yard box.

From this moment, URA FC squeezed for a winner and got numerous attempts through Leku, Dada, Lubwama and Mulikyi but unluckily didn’t score.

With a few minutes to the end of normal time, Kabon Living was also introduced for Kabonge.

The visitors scored the third goal in stoppage time through Ojok to win it late.

URA FC remain in 4th place on 34 points now and will make a trip to Lira next week on Wednesday to take on Blacks Power FC at the Akiibua stadium.

April 29, 2023

Leave a Reply